1st and 3rd Sunday of Every Month at 5P.M. PST
Understanding the Qur’an and Hadith
Pastor Daniel Scot was born in a village in Pakistan. 1986 Pastor Scot was charged under the Blasphemy Law 295C in Pakistan for quoting the Qur'an. After fleeing a certain death sentence, Scot arrived in Australia where he worked at the University of Queensland.
He is the Director of Ibrahim Ministries International, based in Australia. IMI's objective is to explain Islam as taught and practiced throughout history. In 2002, Daniel was conducting a seminar about Islam in Melbourne Australia. He was subsequently charged for inciting contempt of Islam in the minds of the listeners. The Supreme court unanimously upheld the appeal. The case took 5 1/2 years.
Pastor Scot participated in many of Ministry to Muslims events during the last twenty years.
1. Why Christians need to know about Islamic Issues?
2. Challenges of Islam and Christian Response
3. Islamic Belief System: Pillars and Articles (How to use as icebreaker?)
4. The Spread of Islam and Life of Muhammad
5. Understanding the Qur’an and Hadith
6. Diversity in Islam – Peoples and Sects
7. Shariah – Islamic Law: its importance in Islam & its effects on non-Muslims
8. Ethics: Concept of truth in Islam.
9. Salvation in Islam and Christianity (Part 1)
10. Salvation in Islam and Christianity (Part 2)
11. Women in Islam
12. Jihad (Holy War) & Dhimmitude
13. Eschatology – Christianity & Islam
14. Understanding Islamic Culture; Folk Islam and Contextualising the Gospel message
15. Who is Winning the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Muslims?
16. Deity of the Messiah & Jesus in the Qur’an.
17. Allah of the Qur’an vs God of the Bible
18. The Trinity
19. Authenticity of the Bible
20. Contrast – Jesus & Muhammad
21. Islam Today & Understanding ISIS
22. How to share the Gospel with Muslims?
23. Prayer & Intercession
5:45P.M. Laura Powell
Women In Islam
Hello, my name is Laura Powell. I am a sinner saved by grace, seeking to devote all that I am to knowing my Savior and making Him known.
I committed my life to Jesus at age 21 while a senior at Duke University, where I was encouraged to think critically while immersed in a culture of moral relativism. Following my conversion, I was discipled and served a year with Doulos Ministries in Colorado. I married Scott Powell, attended Denver Seminary, and then dove into ministry with a passion for spreading the knowledge and hope that had changed my life forever.
I have been privileged to serve in member care, discipleship, counseling, missions, college ministry, women’s ministry, and music ministry. I’ve traveled to nearly thirty countries, including Afghanistan, Egypt, Jordan, Burundi, Peru, Uganda, India, Thailand, Greece, Turkey, Italy, the Philippines, and throughout Central America. My relationships with people of other cultures have solidified my faith, broadened my perspective, and enriched my life immensely. I wish for everyone to be so fortunate as to serve in cultures beyond their own.
Today my ministry includes writing, speaking, teaching, and discipling women. I serve as an apologist with Women in Apologetics (WIA), with an emphasis on Islam and ministry to Muslims. I’m also currently working on my first book. I’m grateful for the tremendous privilege of participating in the work that God is doing to draw many people to Himself, for our good and His glory.
1st Sunday of Every Month at 6:30P.M. PST